Welcome to Communiteer.
The Site provides a platform where Volunteer involving Organisations can seek advice and assistance from Volunteers.
We may change these Terms at any time.
Account means an account registered on the Site by a User.
Content means data, information, text, images, animations and any other digital media currently existing or not that may be displayed, delivered through or otherwise embodied in the Site.
Communiteer means Communiteer PTY LTD, ABN 91 611 167 401.
Organisation means an independent organisation which may be incorporated or non-incorporated entities, corporations, companies, partnerships, charities, or associations responsible for their own actions and not agents of Communiteer.
Services means any service offered on the Site.
Site means this website and any digital means of communication owned, operated or licensed by Us.
Terms means these terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
Us, We and Our means Communiteer.
User means a party which uses this Site.
Volunteer means someone who enters into any service of their own free will, or who offers to perform a service or undertaking for no reward. A Volunteer does not work under a contractual obligation for remuneration and is not an employee or an independent contractor.
You/Your refers to a Volunteer or an Organisation, as appropriate in the context.
Copyright © 2016 Communiteer.
The copyright in this Site vests in Communiteer unless otherwise credited.
None of the materials provided on this Site may be used, reproduced or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from Communiteer.
You may not directly or indirectly modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works based on the Site, the Content, or engage in any other acts inconsistent with the principles of copyright protection and fair use without obtaining the express written permission of Communiteer.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless You are expressly authorised by law you must not yourself, or participate in, or permit any other person to:
• sell, reproduce, distribute, relay, display, prepare derivative works based on, repost or otherwise use any of the Content of this Site in any way for any public or commercial purpose without Our prior consent;
• use any Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose;
• otherwise infringe Our intellectual property rights or that of any User.
Nothing You do on or in relation to the Site will transfer any intellectual property rights to You or license You to exercise any intellectual property rights unless this is expressly stated.
5. PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Site is intended to provide information about volunteer skills required by Organisations.
The Site enables Volunteers to access volunteer opportunities. These volunteer opportunities will be posted electronically on the Site by Organisations.
Communiteer will only store information provided by a User when logging onto the Site, and Content posted on the Site by the User.
Due to factors beyond Our control, We cannot fully ensure that Your information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, third parties may circumvent Our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access Your information. We will never sell Your information without Your consent. However, some of Your information may be disclosed through search engines, to third party contractors or when We are required by law to disclose that information.
While We technically operate the Site we exercise no editorial control over the Content posted on the Site by Organisations. In most cases the Content on the Site is provided by other persons, such as Organisations and other third parties. The Site only seeks to match Your interests in pursuing volunteering with similar opportunities to participate in volunteering activities offered by Organisations.
Your correspondence and dealings with any Organisation or any other third parties are solely between You and those Organisations or third parties. We do not make any recommendation in relation to the appropriateness of any volunteering opportunity. We do not contract with You and are not responsible in any way for any legal or other requirements relating to any volunteering opportunity. You agree that We will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of Your dealing with an Organisation.
6. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Information provided by a Volunteer in response to an opportunity advertised by an Organisation will be accessible by that Organisation.
The Site enables Volunteers to access volunteer opportunities. The volunteer opportunities will be posted electronically on the Site by Organisations. Where You provide information in relation to a particular volunteer opportunity, the Organisation that posted that opportunity will contact You directly.
Information that identifies You personally can only be collected on the Site if You choose to provide it. This information may be in the form of, for example, Your login details, an online application form, online subscription, membership and order forms, joining electronic mailing lists, or sending us an email. Some of these may also include optional survey information.
7. VOLUNTEERS’ RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
Volunteers are not covered by awards or workplace agreements. Volunteers however do have rights, some of which are enshrined in legislation and some which may be expected of an Organisation involving Volunteers.
As a Volunteer You have the right:
• to work in a healthy and safe environment, if You work in a workplace provided by the Organisation
• to be interviewed and engaged in accordance with equal opportunity and antidiscrimination legislation
• to be adequately covered by insurance
• to be given accurate and truthful information about the Organisation for which You are providing skills
• to be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses (be sure to confirm this with the Organisation before incurring any out-of-pocket expenses)
• to be given a copy of the Organisation’s volunteer policy and any other policy that affects your work
• not to fill a position previously held by a paid worker
• not to do the work of paid staff during industrial disputes
• to have a job description and agreed working hours
• to have access to a grievance procedure
• to be provided with orientation to the Organisation if you attend at their place of work
• to have your confidential and personal information dealt with in accordance with the principles of the Privacy Act 1988
• to be provided with sufficient training to do Your job (if appropriate).
These rights are only enforceable by You against the Organisation for which You provide volunteer services.
Before You commit yourself in volunteer work for an Organisation You must check that:
• the Organisation is a legitimate volunteer involving Organisation
• the purpose of the Organisation matches your own values and beliefs
• the Organisation carries public liability and volunteer personal accident insurance (if required)
• Your role is clear and specific
• the Organisation can provide You with written information about its purpose and activities
• You are satisfied that the funds of the Organisation are expended in accordance with its mission.
As a Volunteer You are required to:
• respect confidentiality and privacy
• be punctual and reliable
• carry out the duties listed in Your volunteer position description
• be accountable
• give notice if Your availability changes
• report any injuries or hazards that You notice in the workplace
• adhere to the Organisation’s policies and procedures
• deal with complaints in an appropriate manner
• undertake training as requested
• ask for support when needed
• support other team members
• not volunteer for work that You are not qualified to do.
In Australia laws regulate the type of work and the amount of work You may perform if You are under the age of 15. You therefore certify that You are at least 15 years of age and are authorised to allow the Organisation to engage Your services.
An Organisation that has submitted its application to register with the Site, whose application has been accepted by the Site administrator, and who has paid their subscription fees for the current term, may post requests for volunteer services on the Site through their Account access. The Organisation’s participation in online communication occurs in real time and is not edited, censored or otherwise controlled by Communiteer. Communiteer cannot and does not screen content provided by You to the Site through Your Account. Notwithstanding that, Communiteer reserves the right to monitor Content on the Site and to remove Content which Communiteer, in its sole discretion, determines to be abusive, libelous, defamatory or obscene; fraudulent, deceptive or misleading; in violation of copyright or trademark or other intellectual property rights of another; offensive or otherwise unacceptable to Communiteer.
Organisations wishing to recruit Volunteers should follow these guidelines in listing the opportunities:
• be specific. The Site is a place to help Volunteers find the activities at Your Organisation, so make sure to list specific tasks that You need help with
• be realistic about the time required to complete the task
• do not spam
• postings that result in redundant search results for Volunteers are subject to removal
• don’t scam
• do not advertise. A Volunteer opportunity is not a place for You to advertise
• no phishing allowed
• provide details about any costs to be incurred by a Volunteer or material requirements required of a Volunteer
• provide detailed skill sets You expect the Volunteer to have in order to successfully complete the task.
Communiteer has a zero tolerance policy regarding “cash for service hours” schemes. Any use of Communiteer listings except for the expressed intent to recruit Volunteers to perform specific tasks relating to the advancement of an Organisation’s mission is prohibited. An Organisation found to be in violation of the letter or spirit of these Terms is subject to immediate removal from the Site.
Some Volunteer opportunities may involve compensation. It is Your responsibility to ensure that You comply with the minimum wage requirements.
9. GENERAL OBLIGATIONS OF USERS
A User may not post any content that:
• You do not have the right to post
• is defamatory or in contempt of any legal or other proceedings
• is misleading or deceptive
• incites hatred or discrimination against any group of persons being a group defined by reference to colour, race, sex, origin, nationality or ethnic or national origins
• denounces religious or political beliefs
• includes religious or political material which is or is likely to be offensive
• is indecent, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive or of doubtful origin
• contains viruses or similar software or data which is designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware
• impersonates any person or misrepresents Your relationship with any person.
You must not
• disrupt or interfere with the Site or Service or other software, hardware or equipment connected to via the site
• violate any applicable law relating to the use of the Site
• collect or store personal data about other Users of the Site without their consent.
Any communication which You post on the Site is considered to be non-confidential. By placing any information or other material on the Site You automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such Content has expressly granted) to Communiteer a perpetual, royalty free, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to reproduce, distribute, redistribute, modify, adapt, publish, edit, translate, transmit, create derivative works of, publish and or broadcast publicly or display any materials or other information alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology whether by any means and in any media now known or to be developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of Site licenses. You hereby waive Your moral rights in any such material and information, and You warrant that any such material and information is original to You, or that You have the right to submit such materials and information. You agree that You will have no recourse against Communiteer for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in Your communication on the Site.
Each Organisation grants to Communiteer a limited license to use, reproduce and publicly display the Organisation’s logo, trademarks and or service marks on the Site in connection with the Organisation’s use of the Services and the Site, and to reference such Organisation as a user of the Services and the Site. Communiteer acknowledges that, except for the limited license expressly granted in this section Communiteer has not acquired and will not acquire any right, interest or title to the logos, trademarks and or service marks of a User.
To the extent permitted by law We have no liability to any User, whether for breach of these Terms, or negligence, or in tort, or for any other common law or statutory cause of action arising in relation to these Terms, the use of the Site or the Content, or the inaccessibility of the Site for any reason.
You acknowledge that We may, in our sole discretion and with or without notice:
• vary the Site or any part of the Site;
• modify or discontinue the Site, any part of the Site and the Services available on it.
Communiteer takes no responsibility for the contents of linked websites and links should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We have no control over the availability of linked pages.
Communiteer operates the Site but exercises no editorial control over the Content posted by Users. If You respond to a volunteer request the relevant Organisation will contact You directly and it is the responsibility of You and the Organisation to determine whether You both wish to pursue the volunteering opportunity.
Communiteer will endeavour to keep the information provided by Organisations up-to-date, but We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Site or the information, Services or related topics contained on the Site for any purpose.
Access to the Site, use of the information contained on this Site, and all further interaction between a Volunteer and an Organisation is done at Your own risk.
Communiteer makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to any use of or inability to use the information, Content, or materials included on this Site.
Use the Site at Your own risk. You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content including reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content. You should seek Your own independent advice with respect to any Content.
If Your use of the Site results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment or data We will not be responsible for such costs.
Your correspondence or dealings with any Volunteer or Organisation or any other third parties are solely between the correspondents. We make no recommendation in relation to the appropriateness of any volunteering opportunity. We do not contract with You and are not responsible in any way for any legal or other requirements relating to any volunteering opportunity. You agree that we will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of Your dealings with a Volunteer or Organisation.
Whilst the Organisations may have represented to Communiteer that they have volunteer insurance We cannot warrant this and recommend that You substantiate this with individual Organisations before accepting a volunteer position.
We do not monitor or exercise editorial control over third party content. We reserve the right at our discretion to:
• access or examine any third-party content
• refuse to provide any Content provided by You to any Volunteer or Organisation (regardless of whether You were responding to a particular volunteer opportunity)
• move, remove or disable access to the third party content which we consider, in our sole opinion, to breach any applicable law or be otherwise unacceptable.
Content of the Site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Content provided on this Site is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Communiteer does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of such Content. CommunitEEr will periodically add, change, improve or update the format of the Site without notice. Organisations are solely responsible for their postings on the Site. Communiteer will not be responsible for any decisions relating to the engagement of a Volunteer for whatever reason made by an Organisation posting volunteering opportunities on the Site. Under no circumstances will Communiteer be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from the use of the Site, including without limitation any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, will Communiteer, its officers, employees or Content authors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if Communiteer has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that Communiteer is not liable for any conduct of any other User.
Communiteer acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of User submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by Users. If notified by a User of communications which allegedly do not conform to these Terms Communiteer may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the communication. Communiteer has no liability to Users, registered or otherwise for performance or nonperformance of such activities. Communiteer reserves the right to expel Users and prevent their further access to the Site for violating these Terms or applicable law, and the right to remove communications, which are abusive, illegal or disruptive.
The User indemnifies and holds harmless and will defend at its own expense Communiteer, its officials, agents and employees from and against all suits, claims, demands and liability of any nature or kind including all costs and expenses arising out of acts or omissions of the User, or the User’s employees, officers, agents or sub- Users, in the performance of this agreement. Obligations under this paragraph will not lapse on termination of the agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that from time to time this Site may be inaccessible or in operable for any reason, including without limitation:
• equipment malfunction
• periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which Communiteer may undertake from time to time
• all causes beyond the control of Communiteer which are not reasonably foreseeable by Communiteer.
Currently individual Not–for-profit Organisations and Volunteers may access the Site for free. However, in the future Communiteer may charge a subscription fee (the “fees”) for the use of aspects or all of the Services. Communiteer expressly reserves the right to charge and change the fees at any time upon notice to You, which will be done through a change in these Terms. By registering for a Communiteer Account You agree to pay the fees for the Service applicable to the account level chosen. The fees for the Services do not include any payment for telecommunications and computer hardware, software, telecommunications access charges, lines or connections or other equipment and services required to access and use the Site. All fees, taxes and other charges relating to Your Account will be billed to You and will be payable within seven days of the billing date. Communiteer reserves the right to deactivate access to the Services and/or the Site for failure to pay applicable fees.
Subscriptions are for a prepaid 12 month term. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each subscription term for another 12 months until You cancel Your subscription or Communiteer no longer offers the Service of the Site. You will receive an email notice seven days prior to the renewal date. The notice will let You know when Your subscription is due for renewal and when Your account will be charged. All notices regarding Your subscription will be sent to You at the address as recorded in the initial subscription document, until You give written notice of any change of address.
The renewal payment is due on the renewal date and will automatically be charged to the same credit card that You used for the original subscription or the most recent renewal, or be emailed to You for direct payment. You are required to notify Communiteer before the renewal date of any changes to Your email or account billing information. The renewal price will remain the same price as the original subscription; unless Communiteer gives You advance notice of a price change.
Each User is responsible for all renewal fees and any collection charges, relating to its own Account until the User elects to cancel its subscription to the Site. Should a User wish to cancel its subscription it must initiate the cancellation process through its account with Communiteer and must complete such cancellation before the renewal date in accordance with the instructions provided. Cancellations are not retroactive and therefore if a subscription is cancelled no refund will be provided for subscriptions already paid. Cancellations do not become effective until the starting date of the next subscription period. The subscription term will be 12 months unless otherwise agreed by Communiteer.
14. USE OF ACCOUNTS
Users are required to:
• maintain the security of Your identification, password and other confidential information relating to Your Account;
• be solely responsible for the security, confidentiality and integrity of all messages and the content that You receive, transmit through or store on the Site
• be responsible for all charges resulting from use of the Account including any unauthorised use prior to Your notifying Communiteer in writing of such, and taking steps to prevent its further occurrence by changing Your password.
15. SYSTEM SUPPORT
This website supports the following versions of the Internet and/or mobile web browser products:
Chrome – 30.0 and above
Internet Explorer – 9.0 and above
Edge – 12 and above
Firefox – 41 and above
Safari – 8.0, 9.0, 9.1
Opera – 35, 36