Product Release Notes – 021
Implemented on 29th September 2020
Redesigning the Opportunities page
If you’re interested in providing us with further feedback, you can send an email to email@example.com. Thanks for your help!
- Redesigned Opportunity page for communities – This page is now completely revamped, including the following:
- Separation between Active and Completed opportunities;
- Filter by skills and type (project-based for now, role-based and event-based in the future);
- New tile layout to better view opportunities.
Go check it out! 👉 https://app.communiteer.org/community/97/details/?tab=opportunities
- Removed affiliated content from the user’s personal Feed page to reduce confusion. This means the affiliated content will only be shown in the Community News in a community. This makes more sense as only communities can be affiliated (with one another).
- Minor fixes to the copy of on-platform notifications.
- Issue where a page loads inside an overlay which looks weird.
- Tasks are no longer interactable in the opportunity To Do tab for closed opportunities.
- When an opportunity is closed, it will no longer be shown in the personal Feed, Explore and the Community News sections.
- Fixed some unusual scrolling issues.
- Fixed issue with closing direct message overlays.
- Fixed issues where skills were not properly displayed on the opportunities page (redesigned above).
- Users can no longer reorder opportunity tasks if:
- They haven’t joined it; or
- The Opportunity is closed.
- Role-based opportunities to accommodate those who need volunteering in a more traditional capacity, such as volunteer board member positions, secondments and mentoring programs.
- User Interface improvements to better reflect the identity of those communities, such as more prominent logo placement.
- Easier navigation to a user’s communities from the left-hand navigation.
- Fancy discussions functionality for community discussions and opportunity chats. This includes reactions, replies and @mentions.
If you have any questions about the system, feel free to reach us in the community titled “Communiteer New Users Community” within our platform. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your queries directly addressed by one of our staff.