September 18, 2020 In Product Update
Product Update 020
Implemented on 15th September 2020
Emails and opportunities
If you’re interested in providing us with further feedback, you can send an email to email@example.com. Thanks for your help!
- Guided opportunity creation – now community admins can follow an easy to use opportunity creation process to create new opportunities for their communities.
- More prominent community header – This is now in a clearer layout with a more prominent placement for the logo of the Not-For-Profit organisation.
- Platform files are now only accessible in a session for the users who log in. This means the direct URL of platform files will expire after 5 minutes, reducing the possibility of unauthorised file access.
- The terminology of “projects” is now changed to “opportunities”. In the future, projects will be considered “project-based opportunities”, which allows for other types of opportunities such as role-based opportunities and event-based opportunities.
- The frequency of platform emails have been adjusted based on user feedback:
- Direct message notification email – immediate
- Project update notification email – daily
- Discussions notification email – daily
- Community notification email – weekly
- Redesigned the project updates notification email
- Redesigned the direct message notification email
- Redesigned the community updates notification email
- Community changes history – now users and admins can see the updates only related to that community.
- When a user clicks on “Show details” on a task inside, it should no longer trigger the “Working on a task” notification.
- Role-based opportunities to accommodate those who need volunteering in a more traditional capacity, such as volunteer board member positions, secondments and mentoring programs.
- User Interface improvements to better reflect the identity of those communities, such as more prominent logo placement.
- Micro-actions for content, such as upvotes and the display of stats for each content.
- Easier navigation to a user’s communities from the left-hand navigation.
- Mobile web – A mobile version of the platform.