V1.22 Batch 2.2 Project Updates
Implemented on 30th August, 2019
Another major release!
In this update, we bring more content types to our content feed, moderation functionality to discussions and general quality-of-life improvements and fixes.
- You can now create events
- Events are a new content type that will be populated in the Feed and Explore pages, and also in the Community News section of your communities.
- Creating an event requires details such as title, description, when and where. We also have a web link to your preferred event/ticketing system (we don’t have our own event management system so you should create your own on Humanitix or an equivalent system). Finally, we show which of your supporters are interested in the event (this means they clicked on the CTA which links to your events page).
- Admins can now moderate discussions
- As an admin of a community, you can now hide comments made by supporters if you find them inappropriate, offensive or worse.
- Supporters will see hidden comments as a default message “This comment has been hidden by an admin”.
- The original commenter will still see their own message, but will be notified that their message is hidden. They can then click on the notification to speak to a Communiteer support person if they object to their comments being hidden.
- Other admins will see the hidden message greyed out with a “Hidden by admin” system message.
- Previously hidden messages can be unhidden by any admin.
- Private messages between individual users is now available
- You can now message users directly by clicking on their portrait and clicking the “Send Message” button.
- You can find user portraits in the following places:
- Supporters section of a community;
- Discussion threads
- Discussion threads now show as content posts in Feed, Explore and Community News.
- Content overlays can now be shared directly by copying and pasting the web link/URL.
- Joining projects in communities you don’t belong to now requires you to join the community first.
- Community > Resources page
- Files that supporters and admin want to share.
- Affiliated communities
- Show collaborations between communities
- Browser compatibility
- Especially for Safari and Internet Explorer
- Revamp Dashboard
- To take into account not only projects, but also other ways to get involved (such as discussions and events).
If you have any questions about the system, feel free to reach us in the community titled “Communiteer New Users Community” within our platform. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com to have your queries directly addressed by one of our staff.
Written by Vincent Feng, Co-Founder of Communiteer.